1-613-233-0008 yourteam@armouredsuits.ca

You gave a statement to police and now your loved one is charged. You have conditions not to associate. This is not what you wanted. You would like to revise your statement. Here’s how we can help.

You never wanted your loved one to be charged. You want to help. You can, but it’s a serious decision. Changing your police statement is not as simple as it seems. You may have tried to contact the police officer or Crown’s office. They were not interested in changing anything.

The most effective way to undo the original statement is to swear an affidavit with new details and an explanation for why the original statement was made and not accurate.

But be forewarned: if you swear an affidavit saying that you lied originally, you could be charged with obstruction of justice, public mischief or both. It is a criminal offense to mislead the police and waste public resources. The Crown dealing with an obstruction or public mischief charge may try to have you saddled with a criminal record, even if you do not already have one. It is, however, unlikely this would happen, unless you are in the habit of giving false statements.

Armoured Suits’ lawyers can work with you to discuss what your options are and how best to proceed if you want to help your loved one.

You can obtain a free, 30-minute phone consultation just by filling out the following form or calling us at 613.233.0008

Tell Us More About Your Situation

Please fill out the form below to inquire about a consultation. We will respond to your inquiry within 3 hours.

Contact Armoured Suits